I’m serious. I can solve the federal budget problem without cutting any essential programs. This is a simplistic article espousing what we all know and feel. But writing it will make me feel better, and maybe it will prompt someone to speak up, to write a letter, or to discuss the problem with a neighbor. I/you/we can solve the federal budger. Here’s how. Continue reading “I can solve the federal budget”
Using a play on Bill Clinton’s “it’s the economy, stupid” phrase we now highlight the issue with Hillary. The important issue. Continue reading “It’s Hillary’s incompetence, stupid!”
What is the lure of Donald Trump who has yet (as of mid-September) to suggest a real policy or solution for any specific problem? Continue reading “Trump for Cheerleader-in-Chief but please get out of the way for now”
While Hillary Clinton’s email trail about the Benghazi debacle has raised a lot of (justifiable) ruckus, and while there is concern over security leaks from her email system, there is a larger concern to focus on. Continue reading “Do you want Hillary answering the phone at 3AM?”
At Camp at the end of the second day there is held a candle lighting ceremony when the center of the room has a draped table adorned with nothing but candelabra, where each camper, their buddy, and the volunteers have placed a photo of the person whom they have recently lost, or whom they particularly wish to honor this year. Continue reading “Lighting Candles at Camp Agape”
Go Carly! Carly Fiorina should run for the Republican nomination for President. Even if she does not get the nomination her presence, presumably running mainly against Hillary and not the other republican primary candidates, will serve a useful purpose. Continue reading “Go Carly! Run for the GOP nomination for president”
Statesmanship. How sweet it would be if in our federal and state legislative halls we might find that again! Continue reading “Statesmanship: Republicans’ Mandate”
Democrats are Gruberized and they can’t brush it off or wash it off. “Gruberized” is the newest verb/adjective in the lexicon and the Democrat Party, the whole party, has been Gruberized. President Obama and every Democrat who touted and voted for the “Affordable” Care Act (ACA) is trying to run from the comments of Professor Jonathan Gruber by accusing the GOP of “fanning the flames” of his comments. No, quite the contrary. Continue reading “Democrats are Gruberized”
Definition of Conundrum
The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing.
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century. Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
The direction of our country
These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
And here’s another one worth considering…
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money? What’s interesting is the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t. Think about it…..
and Last but not least,
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Am I the only one missing something?
Recent Possibly Related External Links
At least by January 2014 the Obama administration knew that a large number of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) were headed our way. Its prediction was 65,000 and we now know it is bigger. Continue reading “UAC wave was known”