The Cloward-Piven assault. Calling it a strategy gives it undue legitimacy. This is the best single article explaining the nature and origin of Obama’s “Hope and Change” that I have ever seen. It explains the purpose and tactic fundamental to the destruction of America that Obama and the Progressive left are overseeing.
The flood of immigrants at our borders today is neither an accident nor a surprise. It is an extension of the Cloward-Piven Strategy – the goal of which has been known for 50 years. In a 1966 article in Nation, Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven, sociology professors at Columbia University, wrote that capitalism should be collapsed by overloading the government with financial demands that could not be met.
The article gives understanding to events, past and present, such as1
- the National Welfare Rights Organization to increase the numbers of people on the welfare rolls whereby from this Cloward-Piven assault by the 1970’s there was one person on welfare in New York City for every two working in the private sector. The city declared bankruptcy in 1975
- lobbying for the Motor-Voter law to swamp our voter rolls with names that would never vote, but whose names would be on the rolls so others could vote in their stead. When President Bill Clinton signed the bill in 1993 Cloward and Piven were standing behind him. (Why do you think voter ID laws have been so vehemently opposed by the Progressive left?)
- ACORN is the most prominent of the organizations formed by Cloward and Piven. President Barack Obama was ACORN’s lawyer. (This must have been the genesis of Obama’s Cloward-Piven assault.)
- ACORN’s biggest success was in lobbying for the expansion of housing on behalf of the poor. The financial collapse of 2008 can be traced to government decisions. After dozens of ACORN employees were indicted on charges of voter fraud, their funding dried up and they were disbanded.
- Today, in keeping with the Cloward-Piven Assault, a new crisis is being manufactured by President Obama. There is chaos at the Southern border.Two years ago the president stopped deportation efforts of young immigrants who came to the country illegally. We have had active programs in Mexico informing those who come to our country how to apply for food stamps.
- Children are crossing the border in astonishing numbers and an additional 230,000 children are expected over the next 24 months.
- Obama has called it “an urgent humanitarian situation.” Attorney General Holder said that amnesty is a civil right and has initiated a program to hire an additional 100 attorneys to represent these children in the immigration process. (Secure the border first should be “job one” as I and many others have called for.)
- Richard Cloward has died. His partner and wife, Francis Fox Piven, serves as the honorary chairman of the Democratic Socialists of America.
As we have learned, the left will let no crisis go to waste.
Thinking citizens of the United States of America should read this article in full, understand the implications, and take action. Educate yourselves and your friends and most of all, remember that elections have consequences. Should these actions by our president surprise us? No. He promised to fundamentally change America in this well-documented statement:
Here’s Obama’s original statement, in an October 2008 campaign visit to Columbia, Mo: “Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that’s taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.
Linder, J. (2014, June 10). The Cloward-Piven Strategy is Alive and Well at the Border | TheBlaze.com. Retrieved July 13, 2014, from http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/the-cloward-piven-strategy-is-alive-and-well-at-the-border/
Ryan, T. (2014, February 6). In context: What Obama said about “fundamentally transforming” the nation | PolitiFact. Retrieved July 13, 2014, from http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2014/feb/06/what-barack-obama-has-said-about-fundamentally-tra/
- The bullet material is taken from the above-cited article ↩